The Open Journal of Archaeometry is a new, peer-reviewed, Open Access, international scientific journal published by PAGEPress Publications. It is devoted to the publication of research articles, short communications and review papers on every aspect of archaeometry.
Archaeometry – also known as archaeological science – applies scientific techniques to the analysis of archaeological materials. Research topics mainly comprise the following disciplines and analyzing techniques:
- chemical and physical analyses of artifacts, concerning provenance, technology types of use and authenticity;
- dating methods providing archaeologists with numerical and relative chronologies;
- environmental approaches providing information on past changes in landscape, climate, flora, and fauna;
- anthropological studies dealing with diet, nutrition, health and pathology;
- mathematical methods for data treatment with the purpose of handling, analyzing, and modeling large data sources;
- remote-sensing and geophysical-survey applications assisting underground and underwater archaeology;
- conservation sciences involving the study of decay processes and the development of appropriate methods of conservation and restoration.
The Open Journal of Archaeometry may also host contextually relevant announcements, book reviews and abstracts from scientific meetings. Every article published in the Journal will be peer-reviewed by experts in the field and decided upon by members of the Editorial Board.
|No announcements have been published.|
Vol 3, No 1 (2016)
Table of Contents
Yvonne van Amerongen
Abstract views: 387